EmailEmail  PrintPrint  a a a

Who Do I Call?

Call the main office number 229-883-8330 with the extensions listed below:


Reporting a Power Outage

Energy Control Center, extension 506. Sometimes the outage may be only in your home. Check the neighborhood to see if the power is off in other homes. When reporting an outage, give your phone number and your address and be as brief as possible to keep the phone lines open.


Call Dispatch extension 508, during business hours; Energy Control Center extension 506 after hours. 

Complaint Concerning High Bill

Call Special Services, extension 502, if you suspect a problem with your bill due to billing errors, misread meters or questions on rates.

New Services

Call Customer Service, extension 501. New customers must come into the office and provide picture ID, Social Security number, a lease agreement or purchase contract from realtor. A deposit may be required before services can be turned on at the new address.

Payments Received

Call Teller Department, extension 500. The Teller Department processes all payments received on the date it was received. If dropped in the night deposit after 5:00 p.m., the payment will be processed the next business day.

New Construction

Call Engineering, extension 613, for inquiries as to where certain services that are not already established on the property will be located.

Relocate Services on Property

Call Customer Service, extension 501. The location will need to be determined before any services can be moved.

Tree Trimming

Call Customer Service, extension 501. Only tree and tree limbs touching our services will be trimmed.

Cutting Down Trees on Your Property

Call Customer Service, extension 501. Albany Utilities will send a technician to take down your service and put it back up when you’re finished.

Security and Street Light Out

Call Energy Control, extension 506, for street or security lights owned by Albany Utilities.  Please report the location by nearest address.

New Security Light Installation

Call Engineering, extension 615. Albany Utilities will need to look at the property to determine location and type of light.

Water Leak

Call Energy Control, extension 506

Billing Questions

Call Special Services, extension 502, for questions concerning the calculation of your bill.

Pilot Light

Call Customer Service, extension 501, to have the gas meter unlocked for an outside contractor to light your pilot light. Albany Utilities does not light pilot lights.

Smell Gas Inside/Outside

Call Energy Control, extension 506, if you smell a rotten egg odor leave the area and call Albany Utilities from a neighbor’s phone.

Trash/Garbage Questions

Call Solid Waste at 883-6950.

Stormwater Questions

Call Albany Engineering Department 883-6955


nimblecmsan NTS product