Natural Gas Programs
NATURAL GAS INCENTIVE PROGRAM
The Natural Gas Incentive Program is designed to assist residential property owners and developers with an incentive to convert home appliances to natural gas. This incentive program is not applicable for replacing an existing natural gas appliance. Applicant must be a new natural gas customer or adding a new natural gas service.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be the property owner listed on the property deed with the Tax Assessor’s Office.
- Applicant must have installed natural gas appliance(s) that is listed to qualify for the program.
- Albany Utilities must be the provider of the natural gas service.
- Work must be completed by a licensed contractor.
- Homeowner agrees that all material and workmanship matters related to the equipment will be addressed exclusively with the licensed contractor responsible for installing the equipment.
- Materials cost and installation are not eligible for the natural gas incentive program.
- If required by City Building Inspection, an appropriate installation permit and inspection or sticker must be obtained from the authorized local Building Inspection jurisdiction.
- Paid invoice(s) for contractor installation charges must be submitted with application.
- Incentives are provided in the name of the Property Owner and/or Homebuilder.
- Incentives will not be given for stub-outs; appliances must be installed.
- By signing the application, Homeowner represents that he/she is the owner of record for the residence where the equipment is being installed.
- Applications must be completed entirely and submitted within six (6) months of final inspection for incentives to be paid.
- Maximum incentive per residential address is $450.00.
*Incentives are subject to change without notice and are subject to approval.
STEPS TO GET NATURAL GAS SERVICE
Please call Albany Utilities at 229.883.8330 ext. 4501 or 4502 to begin the process to activate your gas service. The first step in converting your home to natural gas is to check for gas availability. Once gas availability has been confirmed, you’re ready to convert to clean burning natural gas. (Gas equipment should be used within 90 days of activation, unless otherwise agreed upon.)