In an emergency please call 229-883-8330, extension number 506.
In case of power outage...
- Check to be sure it is not a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- Check with your neighbors to determine if they are without electricity.
- If you determine there is a power outage, please contact us at the above phone numbers.
- Stay away from any power lines that are on the ground or within reach.
To prevent overload and protect your appliances, please remember to turn off all appliances during the outage.
If you smell gas...
If you smell natural gas or suspect a gas leak, tell everyone to leave the house immediately. Then call from a neighbor’s phone well away from the gas odor.
- DO NOT smoke or light matches.
- DO NOT turn lights or any electric appliances on or off.
- DO NOT operate a flashlight.
- DO NOT use your telephone.
- DO NOT reenter your home until the WG&L has told you it is safe to do so.
If you have no water...
If you suspect a water leak or have no water, please call 229-883-8330 extension 501 during business hours; after hours extension 506.
If you have a sewer or garbage problem...
Please contact Albany Public Works 229-883-6950.